Fire and Smoke Damage
Here are some emergency tips to assist you in taking the proper action until your SERVPRO Professionals arrive.
- Limit movement throughout the residence. This can help prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and/or carpet.
- Keep hands clean. Having soot on your hands can help soil additional upholstery, walls, etc.
- Place dry, colorfast towels or old linen, on rugs, upholstery, and carpet traffic areas.
- Wipe soot from chrome on kitchen and bathroom faucets, trim and appliances.
- Change HVAC filter. (Leave system alone until a trained professional can check the system)
- Clean both sides of leaves from house plants.
- Attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces before contacting a SERVPRO Franchise professional.
- Attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstered furniture.
- Attempt to clean any electrical appliances (TVs, Radios) that may have been close to fire, hear or water.
- Consume any food or beverages that may have been close to fire, heat, or water.
- Send garments to the dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set in smoke odor.