Control Moisture – Reduce Mold
Molds can be found in every environment; and mold spores reproduce rapidly when moisture is present. The EPA advised that the health concerns from molds are an important enough reason to prevent moisture problems leading to the growth of mold. It is especially important to clean up existing mold to increase property appeal and retain the value.
Prior to listing a property, the following steps can be taken to reduce the potential for moisture buildup or mold growth. In the case a damage event occurs, timely response is key to preventing further damage.
- Correct any water leaks and/or standing water
- Properly maintain humidifiers, if used.
- Replace wet or visibly moldy insulation material
- Steam cleaning and other methods involving moisture should not be used on any kind of duct work
- Install a ventilation system